At Genesis Living, we recognise the benefit for young people to experience mentoring, support and guidance from adults in developing their own independence skills and self-reliance. Therefore, along with our high standard accommodation services, we offer a variety of support packages such as; individual tailored support hours, mentoring, advocacy and guidance for education, training, development and housing applications.
Our support packages range from low level support, which includes minimum supports hours, all the way to intensive support, which includes 24-hour monitoring and support.
- Support with managing a household and all aspects of daily living
- Support with engaging in education, employment and training
- Support to maintain a pleasant, safe and stable environment
- Support to seek advice in claiming welfare benefits
- Support to develop transitional life skills e.g. cooking, cleaning, budgeting etc
- Support to achieve a healthy balanced lifestyle, through leisure and health activities
- A named keyworker for each young person with 1:1 therapeutic support sessions
- Out of hours support available
- Support in managing and attending appointments in the community and with other professionals
At Genesis Living, we initially carry out a Life Skills Assessment that aids us in identifying the level of support each young person needs in building and maturing their Life Skills.
Depending on the client’s level of needs; additional support can be added, such as;
- Health and Safety around the home and in the community,
- Basic reading and writing (where appropriate),
- Basic numeracy (where appropriate),
- Anti-social behaviour,
- House-rules acknowledgement,
- Fire awareness,
- Understanding Bill Payments, Banks and Accounts,
- Obtaining formal documentation (passport, driving licence etc.),
- Weekly timetables.
- Additional Staff for 2:1 support or Waking Nights